Coconut-Olive Oil Mayonnaise (of awesomeness)
* 1 whole egg (fresh as possible)* 2 egg yolks
* 1 Tablespoon German stone-ground mustard
* 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* a few grinds pepper
* 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil (melted if solid)
* 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine the eggs, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in your blender.
2. Slightly heat coconut oil if solid. Stir
3. With blender on low, start adding oils in a slow steady stream. Slower the better or you will break the emulsification. This will take awhile if you are doing it right.
Refrigerate in air tight container (like an old mayonnaise jar) for about 2 weeks.
Makes about 2 cups of golden deliciousness.