There always seems to be that perfect day in Autumn where it requires you to make a pot pie and today was that day. I started off with a vague idea of veggies and cream of something soup but when I got to the store I said, "screw cream of something, I'm gonna put good things in there." Here's what resulted.
Chicken Pot Pie
*3 carrots chopped
*1 small head of broccoli cut small
*1 peeled and diced potato
*1/4 c-ish each corn and peas
*2 small diced chicken breast (1/2" cubes)
*Biscuits (your choice, I used jumbo flaky)
*1-2 cups milk
*cream cheese (1/2 block cubed)
*love (secret ingredient)
1. Saute garlic in butter/oil over medium heat, add carrots and broccoli.
2. Stir in peas, corn, rosemary, salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
3. Add 1 tbl flour into veggies and stir to coat. Once the flour is absorbed add 1 c milk and bring to boil.
4. Add in cream cheese and stir to melt. Turn heat down to a simmer. If mixture is too thick add water as it will thicken when you put it in the oven.
5. Add diced chicken breast and potatoes into simmering mixture. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
6. Add Gruyere and transfer to baking dish, place biscuits on top and put into a 300-350 deg oven.
Bake until the biscuits are browned and the sauce is bubbly. I put a cookie sheet under the baking dish in case of overflow, and its easier to get it out of the oven.
Scoop and enjoy!