Black Bean & Veggie Tacos
* 1 sweet potato
* 1 bunch kale (We used dino)
* 1/2 small onion sliced into rings
* 1 can black bean
* 2-4 garlic clove
* coconut oil
* spices: cumin, cinnamon, salt, ancho chili pepper, salt
* corn tortillas (I MADE mine while potatos baked)
* Toppings: sour cream, cheese, salsa
1. Dice potato into 1/2" cubes. Spread out on foil lined cooking tin and dot with coconut oil. Season with cumin, cinnamon, chili and salt (about 1 tsp each). Place in 400° oven for 20-25 minutes. When the are fork tender turn off and leave in oven until ready to combine with other ingredients.
2. Thinly slice onion and sautee in large pan over medium heat with oil (coconut or olive) until carmelized. We used half because it was a strong onion. Use more or less to your liking.
3. Wash kale and tear leafs off the stalks. Chop to bite size pieces and add to onions.
4. Open, rinse and drain beans. Add to pan.
5. Add potatos from oven to pan. Toss all veg together until combined and kale just starts to wilt. Taste and add more salt or pepper at this point if needex.
6. Heat tortillas (or reheat is made fresh) in pan with a little cheese on top like a quesadilla. Add other topping and veggies.
Stuff in face and as always, enjoy.
Special thanks to Andrea for the recipe and fun evening.