Raw Chocolate Pudding

I have been looking for a good non-dairy sort of pudding and have had some success with silken tofu pudding but I think I have found my new favorite.  Inspired by todays raw menu in the school cafeteria.  It is also Meatless Monday so I figured let's try a vegan dessert to go with tonight's stir-fry.  I found a recipe online and in true Karina fashion I modified it. :)



Amazing how pretty piping through a zip lock bag can make it.
Raw Chocolate Pudding

INGREDIENTS
* 1 avocado
* 1/2 a banana
* 3 Tbl honey
* 2 Tbl coconut oil
* 3 Tbl cocoa powder
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1/8 tsp salt (healthy pinch)


1. Put all ingredients into blender or food processor.  I did it in stages. Avocado and banana blended then the rest added.

2. Refrigerate.

3. Enjoy!

I think if the banana was a bit more ripe I could cut the honey to 1 or 2 Tbl. The more you eat the richer it tastes and less of a banana taste it gets.

This is a half recipe and serves 2-3 people. Or one person having a bad day.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories 225 per Serving
Total Fat 14.4g
Saturated Fat 7.4g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 97.84mg
Total Carbohydrate 27.25g
Dietary Fiber 5.3g
Sugars 19.56g
Protein 2.07g

A little high in fat but that is for a 1/2 cup serving. On the plus side super high in fiber so the

Comments

Popular Posts