I finally made it to the store yesterday and got some organic bananas amongst other things. They sat quietly taunting me this morning. The idea started as banana pancakes but why go simple when you can go yummy. That and I always need to find some way to coax the boyfriend out of bed. Why to his heart is definitely his tummy.
*Bread of your choice
*1/4 cup milk
*1 teaspoon vanilla
-this is enough mix to make 4 pieces of FT
1. scramble all together and dip the bread.
Bananas in caramel sauce
*1/4 cup butter
*1/2 cup superfine sugar
*1/2 cup heavy cream (I used whole milk)
*2 bananas, sliced
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in sugar and cook, stir constantly, until sugar is melted and light brown.
3. Slowly stir in the cream (it will get you). Boil 1 minute and reduce to low.
4. Place the bananas in pan and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: The banana's degrade very fast in the hot caramel sauce, if you want them firm only cook for 1 minute and if you want a banana-y sauce let it cook longer. It does however break down the caramel and make the sauce a little grainy.
- I put the toast and caramel sauce in layers, so there was no need to syrup.
Sunny Days: Meyer Lemon Poppyseed Tea Cakes
2 days ago