Summer always brings lots of fresh veggies and grilled yummies to mind. I usually buy a bunch of whatever is on sale for veggies, wash, cut and put in containers in the fridge. I had a BBQ birthday party that left me with an excess of bell peppers (red, orange and yellow), zucchini, yellow squash as well as some left over grilled chicken. My pantry is always stocked with a variety of pastas and canned tomatoes. I prefer fresh but a can of something can make dinner quick and easy.
*handful each of peppers, zucchini/squash
*1 can stewed tomatoes
*2 servings dry pasta
*1 grilled chicken breast
1. Heat olive oil in pan and add veggies. Add seasoning of choice (I used garlic salt, italian seasoning and lemon pepper) and saute for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the can of stewed tomatoes plus one - two cans of water and simmer.
3. Once it comes to a boil add the pasta and cool until pasta is tender.
4. Dice chicken breast and toss into pasta. Cook until chicken is warm.
- If you do not have left over chicken you can put uncooked chicken breasts in when you add the tomatoes and simmer them in the sauce, flip over once then add the pasta. You may need more water or tomato sauce for this.