Lamb and Kale Pizza


Sometimes the strangest of recipes pop into my head and it is usually a cause for me to switch directions mid-dish.  A left over salad of kale and rainbow chard that needed to be used up was my starting point.  I supplemented with some fresh garden kale and the idea to put it on pizza popped up, then lamb.  Lamb and kale pizza it is.

Start with your favorite fat (1 TBL), I used coconut oil. Then throw in 2 chopped garlic cloves. Saute until the garlic just starts to get tender and fragrant and add in 2-3 handfuls of chopped kale (or a mix of kale and other greens. I had some rainbow chard in there too).  I put it on low so the garlic doesn't burn then add 1/4c of water/stock/beer so the kale will break down to tender goodness.  Add salt and any other seasonings you fancy at this point.  I cover with a mesh lid and walk away for about 5-10 minutes and it was perfect.

I used Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough.   Way better than any pre-made crust or dough I have used before, or that I can make for that matter.  I go light on the sauce light on the cheese and let the meat and veggies shine.

Someone requested his to be a calzone but due to too much goodness in one place I couldn't get the thing closed so it's an openish calzone. They were super tasty no matter what they looked like.

I used every available cheese in the fridge but the best was the herbed goat cheese. This is definitely something I will repeat.

Comments

Popular Posts