banana bread

I originally pirated this from All Recipes but I modified it a bit.

Banana Bread


INGREDIENTS
* 1 cup butter
* 2 cups white sugar
* 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
* 3 eggs
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 tablespoon allspice

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. (I did some muffins and the rest in a flat cake pan)
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and allspice. Add in the butter mixture.
4. Thoroughly mash the dead bananas. Stir bananas into the batter then stir in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
5. Bake at 350 for 45 min to 1 hour (until a toothpick comes out clean). It can take up to 65 to 70 minutes to cook.


NOTE: The muffins I made were extra yummy. I had some whipped cream cheese that I put globs of in the middle. Put a little batter in the bottom of the muffin tin, a half tablespoon of cream cheese then fill the tin the rest of the way. I love my silicon pan. Just press on the outside and the muffins popped out. SOOOO GOOD!!! I can hardly wait for more bananas to deadify.

Comments

Popular Posts