Chicken Taco

Everyone always asks me to share my recipes but I have none to write down. So pardon me as I stumble through trying to document my yummy impromptu meals.

Quick meal for when you have no clue what to make.

Chicken Tacos

INGREDIENTS
*3-5 cloves of garlic minced/chopped/smashed (however you do it)
*3 chicken breasts
*1 can of tomatoes
*cumin (as much as you like)
*pinch of salt
*few shakes of your fave hot sauce

1. Sautee garlic in oil on lower heat so not to burn, until it starts to soften.
2. Raise the heat to medium/med-high and add the tomatoes and spices.
3. Put chicken breast on top of the simmering tomatoes and cover with lid.
4. Cook through. You can wiggle the chicken into the tomatoes and add a half to full can/cup of water.
5. Let it simmer for 20 min or until chicken is cooked through.

Once the chicken is cooked through you can shred it with the back of a fork or wooden spoon in the pan or pull it out onto a plate. If you prefer a dryer chicken pull it out to shred it and add as much of the tomato sauce back into it as you like.

You can put this in a tortilla shell with some sweet peppers, cheese, lettuce and sour cream and its yummy... and very messy if you leave it in the pan.

You can also put it on a salad. I added some grilled corn I cut off the cob and made it into a salad with a dash of uncle dan's southern dressing. Super yum!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts