Grecian Tacos

Also known as Chicken Gyros (yee-roh). My boyfriend has taken to insisting they are called Grecian tacos so we will call them that for now. I switch up the ingredients per my mood. I tried the chicken marinated in balsamic this round which was good but too sweet for the recipe, so I left it out here and am giving you my usual method of madness.

Grecian Tacos

INGREDIENTS
tomatoes
chicken
lettuce
Mediterranean flat bread
feta
cucumber
lemon
spices (salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic)

tzatziki (yogurt sauce)
*1 cloves garlic finely chopped
*half seeded english cucumber grated
*1/2 tablespoon dill (fresh or dry)
*1/2 tablespoon mint
*healthy pinch of salt
*juice of 1 large/2 small lemon(s)
*1 cup yogurt (I use Mediterranean- it's THICK)
- mix all and set aside. I let it set over night so the garlic mellows.

chicken marinade
*juice of 1-2 lemons
*1 tablespoon italian seasoning
*1-3 cloves of garlic fine chopped
*pepper to taste
*dill (optional)
*drizzle with oil
- I put three small chicken breasts in a bowl with a lid, all the ingredients and shook the crud out of it then let it nap it off over night in the fridge.

1. Cook the chicken, cool and slice.
2. Chop tomatoes (and second half of seeded cucumber optionally)
3. I like to slightly grill the flat bread.
4. I put the tzatziki on one side with lettuce and tomatoes then chicken on the other so that it will fold nicely.
5. stick in face

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts